To greet all members as they enter the Fitness Center. Assist members with equipment questions. Provide equipment orientations, body composition testing and fitness evaluations to members. Maintain safety and cleanliness of area, and notify direct supervisor of any necessary equipment repairs. Maintain member service supplies (towels and sanitizer). Return weights to racks and keep area clean and free of any safety hazards.
- Welcome all members to the fitness area.
- Ensure the safety of all participants in center.
- Be at the YMCA, or designated work site, on time and prepared.
- Be aware at all times to participant’s level of activity intensity, encouraging them to go at their own pace.
- Observe building policies, restrictions, and emergency procedures.
- Portray and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Be active on the fitness floor, continually interacting with all members and guests. Will use all tools provided to increase the level of member interaction, including technological tools.
- Keep accurate equipment maintenance records.
- Be responsible for finding your own substitutes in advance if unable work a scheduled shift. Complete a sub request form with your supervisor’s signature.
- Attend all fitness staff meetings and training sessions.
- Be in uniform; YMCA shirt, name tag, professional athletic bottoms—Khaki pants, athletic pants (no spandex/leggings, sweat pants, yoga pants, or other tight fitting pants.) or shorts that are longer than your fingertips all the way around.
- Be professional – no talking/texting on cell phones, eating, reading, doing homework or working out while on duty.
- Keep Wellness Coordinator informed of any equipment that needs fixed or replaced.
- Notify the Wellness Coordinator and customer service desk of any injuries or emergencies. Incident/Accident reports must be completed and turned in for any injuries.
- Perform occasional or unique duties that support the overall success of the Francis Family YMCA.
- Portrayal of the core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Faith and Responsibility at all times.